OR WAIT null SECS
Trade names often mask the essential nature of a medication, but some of the new agents that treat type 2 diabetes take it to a new level. Here, 5 chances to see what you know.
1. Canagliflozin is the generic name for:
Answer: C. Invokana
2. Xigduo combines which of the following antihyperglycemic agents:
Answer: A. Metformin/dapagliflozin
3. Which of the following SGLT2 inhibitors goes by the trade name Farxiga?
Answer: B. Dapagliflozin
4. When you combine linagliptin and empagliflozin, you get:
Answer: C. Glyxambi
5. The trade name Jardiance refers to which of the following?
Answer: D. Empagliflozin
One for good measure. The trade name of the drug that combines metformin and dapagliflozin is:
Answer: D. Xigduo
5 correct: A+ You've been paying attention!
4 correct: B Pretty sharp
3 correct: C Average Joe
2 correct: D Start carrying a laminated cheat sheet
1 correct: F Nearby P & T notified
0 corrrect: Remedial pharmacy tutoring for you!